CONTESTANTS FOR UKRAINIAN DRAGONS ANNOUNCED
November 7, 2013, Toronto. The Ukrainian Canadian Congress is pleased to announce the contestants at the first ever Ukrainian Dragons competition which will take place live on Friday November 8, 2013, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, following the official opening ceremonies of the XXIV Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians taking place at the Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel.The Ukrainian Dragons are:
– Boris Chabursky
– Ian Ihnatowycz
– John Iwaniura
– Nadia Jacyk
– Eugene Melnyk
– James Temerty, CM
The Dragons have each committed up to $10,000 of their own funds to support projects which will benefit the Ukrainian Canadian community.
This is a unique opportunity to tap into the experience and insight of successful Ukrainian Canadian entrepreneurs that will inspire future generations of Ukrainian Canadian leaders.
Thirty eight (38) proposals were received from groups and individuals across Canada. We thank all those who submitted proposals. Given the quality and wide range of projects submitted, the decision on which projects to shortlist was a difficult one.
The following projects have been selected to pitch the Dragons:
The projects were selected on the basis of the criteria established in the Terms of reference, including financial sustainability and the benefit to the Ukrainian Canadian community.
A new initiative will be launched at the upcoming XXIV Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians – the “Ukrainian Dragons” project. We are tapping into the experience and insight of Ukrainian Canadian entrepreneurs to inspire future generations of Ukrainian Canadian leaders.
To Members of the Ukrainian Canadian Community:
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress is pleased to announce the first Ukrainian Dragon Competition to be held on Friday, November 8, 2013, during the Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians in Toronto.
The Ukrainian Dragons are successful business owners committed to the development and promotion of the entrepreneurial spirit in our community. They have generously agreed to contribute an award of up to $50,000 to the successful proponent of a project which will benefit the Ukrainian Canadian community.
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress is grateful to them for their generosity in funding this exciting venture. Watch for upcoming bulletins to learn the identities of the Ukrainian Dragons. The Congress invites applications from individuals and organizations that meet the criteria described in the attached Terms and Conditions. Applications are due by midnight on October 15, 2013 and must be submitted electronically to Ms. Renata Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries may be submitted electronically to Ms. Roman. All responses to inquiries will be posted on the UCC website. Interested proponents are encouraged to check the UCC website regularly for updates.
Applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and up to three (3) finalists will be selected to make a 5 – 10 minute live presentation to the Ukrainian Dragons during the Triennial Congress of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress on
November 8, 2013.
We look forward to receiving your applications and to seeing you at the Triennial Congress in November.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Selection Committee welcomes proposals for projects from individuals and organizations which will benefit the Ukrainian Canadian community in Canada.
2. Consideration will be given to, but notlimited to, projectsin the following fields:
Arts, Heritage, Religious, Literature, Education, Health, Sport, Youth, Seniors, New Immigrants
3. All applicants and proposed project participantsmust be Canadian citizens orlanded immigrants and be atleast 18 years of age.
4. Preference will be given to applications which are sponsored by a member organization of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
5. All applicationsmust contain a detailed project description and business plan of not more than ten (10) pages and should outline how the project will benefit the Ukrainian Canadian community in Canada.
6. All applications must include the names and contactinformation for all persons and organizations participating in the project.
7. All applicationsmust be accompanied by a detailed budget (in Excel) for projectfunding of up to $50,000.
8. Priority will be given to projects which are self‐sustaining in the future.
9. The deadline for submissions is midnight on October 15, 2013.
10. All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and three (3) finalists will be chosen to make a 5 – 10 minute live presentation to the UkrainianDragons on Friday, November 8, 2013 at 8:00 pm during the Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians at the Airport Marriott Hotel, Toronto.
11. Finalists must be prepared to travel to Toronto tomake a live presentation of 5 ‐ 10 minutes to the UkrainianDragons on November 8, 2013.
12. Discretionary travel bursaries of up to $2,000 per project will be available to partially fund travel to and accommodation in Toronto for finalists selected to make live presentations in Toronto
13. The Ukrainian Dragons will select the winning proposal or proposals immediately after the presentations by the finalists on November 8, 2013. The Ukrainian Dragons reserve the right to make more than one award on November 8, 2013.
14. Projectfunding will be disbursed to the successful project bidder(s) upon execution by the successful project proponent(s) of an agreement(copy to be provided) which will include an obligation by the project bidder(s)to provide quarterly reports, including financial statements,to the Selection Committee. Upon completion ofthe project or within 365 days, whichever is earlier, the successful project bidder(s) willsubmit a fullreport on the project, including full financial statements.
Terms and Conditions in .pdf
Info and picture from: ucc.ca