- You are invited to the 52nd Anniversary of Canada’s National Ukrainian Festival in Dauphin, Manitoba. Friday August 4th to Sunday August 6th at the Heritage Site just south of Dauphin, Manitoba.
- The Selo Heritage site is about 10 miles south of Dauphin it offers a Traditional Ukrainian Heritage Village, a magnificent outdoor 10 thousand seat Amphitheatre, paved upper concourse vendor area, two upper stages, a large indoor hall, and both and upper and lower camping area. The camping sites are non electric, however water is available on site, showers are provided free of charge, and bathrooms are located throughout the grounds.
- The Festival site is large and easily accommodates thousands of people comfortably. CNUF is a family friendly festival with events and activities for the entire family.
- Weekend passes are now available for only $95, but only for a limited time! Camping passes also available! For more info see www.cnuf.ca or call 1-877-474-2683. If wait for tickets you will pay more at the gate. Kids age 12 and under are free for our festival when accompanied by an adult. (At the gate starting on Thursday August 3rd weekend passes go to $100)
- The City of Dauphin will host a special Chamber Street Fair and evening street dance on Thursday evening August 3rd, prior to the Festival.
- NOTE: RETURN TRIP SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY OF DAUPHIN TO THE FESTIVAL SITE, FRIDAY TO SUNDAY!
- The C.N.U.F parade will start at 10am Saturday morning in Dauphin.
- This year there will be 5 amazing grandstand performances on the Catalyst Credit Union Main Stage Amphitheatre, The First grandstand show will be held Friday evening starting at 7pm, while 2 shows to be held both Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2pm, and Saturday night at 7pm, and Sunday evening at 8:30pm. (Each grandstand show is a variety show offering both Ukrainian dancers, singers and performers, and is usually 2½ hours in length)
- Several Ukrainian Dance Groups, Ukrainian Musicians, feature bands, and entertainers make up the weekend’s ongoing live entertainment.
- There are 3 Zabava (Zah-buv-ah) Evening Dance Parties, on the Cossack (Koss-Sack’) Tavern Stage! (These Zabava parties are free after 10pm)
- Plus their will also be 3 evening Polka Parties on the Festival Square Stage! (These evening polka parties are free after 10pm)
- Entertainment is on-going throughout the weekend and will be at the 4 stages, on the Festival Square Stage, the Cossack (Koss-Sack’) Tavern, the Catalyst Credit Union Main Stage, plus indoors on the Selo Hall stage.
- Traditional Clay Ovens on site, baking fresh bread throughout each day.
- Dauphin Agricultural Heritage Club will be on site, with various antique farm machinery on display and in operation, including a threshing demo following the afternoon grandstand shows.
- The Interactive Ukrainian Heritage Village will be open for viewing and for touring. With traditional hosts and hostesses in authentic Ukrainian Costumes.
- Stop by the Traditional Cossack (Koss-sack) Camp, while in the Heritage Village. See several Cossack’s in traditional attire, living like the Cossack’s did several years ago. The Cossack’s will also perform during the evening grandstand shows on Friday and Saturday, dancing, and on horseback.
- Ukrainian Super Group “TIK’ (teek) will headline Sunday evening! This a legendary pop/rock group that features a traditional big band sound mixed with modern musical influences.
- Also enjoy the Annual Amateur Talent Competition, featuring many different Ukrainian dancers and singers on the Festival Square Stage Friday and Saturday!
- There is also a Best campsite competition.
- Also the best Sausage and best Borscht contest.
- Ukrainian Festival Amazing Race (CNUF’s Version of this popular TV Game Show) You can register at festival or in advance by calling 622-4600.
- On site Cultural Activities, Displays, and Demo’s.
- Bring your kids to the Children’s Activity Centre, and also have them participate in traditional Ukrainian Crafts, and visit the expanded traditional Cossack camp and the interactive Ukrainian Heritage Village.
- Enjoy the Beer Gardens in the Cossack Tavern Stage.
- Feast on marvelous Ukrainian Food, and other food throughout the weekend.
- Stop by the Souvenir Shops, the Vendors Pavilion and Food Kiosks!
- Sunday evening will feature an extremely popular band called TIK (Tea-k) direct from Ukraine. (Only Canadian Show this summer will be in Dauphin)
- Enjoy the Big Fireworks Show on site following the Saturday night grandstand show.
- Enjoy the Dauphin Chamber of Commerce Street Fair all day Thursday August 3rd and the CNUF Parade in the city of Dauphin, Saturday August 5th at 10am.
- Also purchase your Raffle Tickets on site for a chance to win some incredible cash prizes.
- For weekend passes, day passes and camping information, call the CNUF Office and Boutique at 1-877-474-2683 or go online to www.cnuf.ca also like Canada’s National Ukrainian Festival on Facebook.
Feature Musicians include:
TIK (Teek) From Ukraine (Sunday evening headliner)
Darmohrai (Dar-moh-Rye) Vocalists from Ukraine
Sloohai (Slew-High) Zabava Party band from Winnipeg
Trembita (Trem-Beat-taw) Party band from Edmonton
Steppe (Step-paw) Party band from Edmonton
Zayshley (Zay-sh-lay) Old Time Band from Saskatchewan
Sawchuck Sisters (Musicians from Brandon, Mb)
Burunduky (Burr-un-dook-key) band from Dauphin
And many more………………..
Feature Dance Groups include:
The Viter (Vee-terr) Ukrainian Dancers and Folk Choir (Edmonton)
Tryzub (Tri-zoob) Ukrainian Dancers (Calgary)
Desna (Des-snaw) Ukrainian Dance Company (Toronto)
Zirka (Zeer-kaw) Ukrainian Dance Ensemble (Dauphin)
Bratstva (Bratst-Vaw) Ukrainian Dance Studio (Dauphin)
Sche Roz (Sher-Rozz) Ukrainian Dancers (Dauphin)
Canada’s National Riding and Dancing Cossack’s (Dauphin)
Special guest performers include “Viva Brasil”
Master of Ceremonies this year:
Heather Prosak – Winnipeg / Calgary Radio Personality
Ernie Sirski – Festival Favorite Long Serving Emcee from Dauphin
Cory (Laffy) Lafontaine – Dauphin Radio Personality